For those of you who don’t believe in wasting much of your time doing stretches, Malaika Arora has a shortcut. Yes, she is back on Instagram with yet another yoga pose that will help you stretch every muscle in your body in one go. So, peeps bow down in natarajasana or lord of the dance pose if you wish to tighten your muscles.
Natarajasana falls in the vinyasa style of yoga and it’s meant for everyone. Of course beginners can do it with some support as you have to pull off this muscle strengthening yoga pose on one leg.
The best part is that natarajasana is known for stretching your chest, shoulders, arms, abs, back, thorax, glutes, thighs, and legs. All in all it’s a complete body stretch.
And if you do a natarajasana marathon on a daily basis then you can easily bid adieu to flab.
View this post on Instagram
As the festive nights of Navratri end with the celebration of Dussehra, we are taken back in time that signifies the victory of good over evil. Keeping this in mind, let’s begin with this week’s pose, enriching ourselves as we keep our mind and body healthy! #MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek is Natarajasana variation 1. Stand straight with legs together, holding stick with right hand in front of you. 2. Inhale and bend your left knee from back. 3. Exhale and with left hand grab your ankle and lift your leg up. 4. Your left toe pointing towards ceiling. At the same time pressing your ankle against the body. 5. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and release. This asana strengthens your core and back muscles thereby improving balance. Do tag me, @sarvayogastudios and @thedivayoga when you post. Pic Credits: @by.the.gram #mondaymotivation #moveoftheweek #fitindiamovement #yogalife #sarvayoga #divayoga #yogaasana #yogaposes #strongerwithsarva
Now let’s learn how to natarajasana Malaika’s way
- Stand straight with your legs together, holding the stick with your right hand in front of you.
- Inhale and bend your left knee from back.
- Exhale and with your left hand grab your ankle and lift your leg up.
- Your left toe pointing towards the ceiling. At the same time pressing your ankle against the body.
- Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and release.
Here are six really important tips that you need to remember while doing Natarajasana
- You have to do this yoga pose with an empty stomach. Ensure that there is a gap of six hours between your last meal and this asana.
- Keep your body tight, especially your core, to maintain the balance and the pose.
- Grip your ankle tightly and look straight. Don’t look down or sideways as this will hamper your balance.
- Ensure that your chest is parallel to the ground so that you get maximum stretch.
- Both your hips will also be parallel to the ground.
- Keep your toe pointed. This is for the leg which you have lifted up.
Here’s why Malaika Arora is a fan of this yoga pose
- It helps in overall toning of your muscles.
- The breathing technique and the hold generate heat in the body which also helps in weight loss.
- It helps in improving balance and posture.
- It boosts metabolism.
- It also helps in rehabilitation of lower body muscles.
Well, natarajasana looks like a wholesome pack of goodness. So ladies, do try this pose and get super toned muscles like Malaika.
The post Malaika Arora wants you all to try natarajasana for a strong core and better balance appeared first on Healthshots.